Pages

Monday, 31 October 2011

Wish you were here...

At the moment there are some FANTSTIC exhibitions on wherever you are in the country but I've picked out 4 of my favourites from some of the galleries I love to visit, a sort of 'To Do' list if you like and I thought I might share it with you.


1. Donna Wilson at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Yorkshire.
There's an article all about her in this months CRAFS magazine- in fact, she's on the cover. Wilson is a scottish designer who brings her playful collection of knits to Yorkshire from the 19th November. Check it out here.


2. Leonardo da Vinci at The National Gallery, London.
Now obviously Leonardo won't be there himself but this is an exhibition of his paintings (the largest ever) and it should be a stunner. I recon well worth a visit to London just to see it, and maybe a stop in on my friends Lou and Laura on the way...and on the way back! It starts on November 9th and you can check it out here.


3. Reggie's Roller Palace by Olivia Brown at Ruthin Craft Centre, Wales.
Ruthin is one of my favourite galleries to go to, the space is fantastic and the shop is also rather good for a cheeky shopping trip too! The exhibition houses over 100 canine spectators to the Canine Rola-Dance. The exhibition is accompanied by 'Baskets' in gallery 3 which features 9 Contemporary Artists working within the art of basketry. You can check them both out here but best get there sharpish as these close on November 6th.


4. Lost in Lace at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Birmingham.
This is a groundbreaking exhibition showing Lace as you've never seen it before. Work from international artists including one of my favourites Michael Brennand Wood. The exhibition runs until Feb 19th 2012 but I'm going to see it on Sunday, very excited! You can check it out here.


Let me know if you get to see any of them and what you think. I'll update you next week on the lace exhibition.


Happy visiting! x

No comments: