Pages

Sunday, 30 October 2011

A New Start

So, Devon didn't quite turn out to be the heaven I thought it would be so...I decided to move back home- up North. My parents are naturally loving me for the move and the return of all my things, but I've picked myself up, dusted myself off and as the song goes, started all over again!


For 4 months I lived in Devon, working on the farm and also at my placements. I worked at the British Wool Marketing Board in a male dominated environment (which was daunting to say the least), at Cold Harbour Mill- definitely worth a visit if you ever find yourself in that area of the country, and at Fox Brothers, in historic surroundings preparing sample cards for prestigious clients! Thought I'd share with you some pictures of my time...



...At Cold Harbour Mill...
Cones on the Warping Creel
Plying Yarns

Cupboard in the Dye House

Colour Palette?

Old Spools...

...And at Fox Brothers...

Shop Stock

Current Collection

Clock In, Clock Out the Current Stock

You can see more of those images on my Flickr Photostream along with more pictures of the farm and my time in Devon.

Since I have been back, I have well and truly been getting my Craft on again, developing new ideas and products for my new Etsy shop 'Handmade by Charlotte Nash' and for local craft fairs, so keep your eyes peeled there.


I will be at Croft Primary School on November 18th for their Ladies Shopping and Pamper night so if you are around, come and join in the fun- if not keep an eye open after that date for new additions to my shop perfect for Christmas gifts!


In the meantime, it's good to be back and wishing you all Happy Crafting! xx

No comments: