Pages

Sunday, 5 September 2010

Vintage Finds, New Yarns and A Very Busy Few Weeks

Where to begin?

After returning from the farm I have recieved my Moo goodies in the post...


Moo Goodies

I got some new Mini Cards and treated myself to a sticker book too! They are really great, again I'm really pleased with the quality!


Then yesterday me and my mum ventured out to Ruthin Craft Centre and then into Ruthin town. Tilleke Schwartz has an exhibition at the Craft Centre at the moment and her embroideries are just unbelievable in detail, really worth a visit if you get a chance to see her work. The other exhibition there is Smile, a collection of artists put together by Mary La Trobe-Bateman showing works that really do as the title says- make you SMILE!

In Ruthin town I found a few little vintage bargains in a couple of shops and the market hall which was open being it a Saturday...

New/Old Tins


My Vintage Tins, only £4 for the lot.

New/Old Berkley Square Tin

This one is my favourite!

Basket #2

Basket Number 2, purchased for £10. I think I feel a basket collection coming on...

Jugs

And finally my two stripy blue and white jugs purchased for £10 for the two!

And in between times I ventured to The Black Sheep where I purchased some yarns from their new stock, I'm particularly liking these from Debby Bliss, they're Baby Alpaca and Silk.

Debbie Bliss Andes

I plan to make some luxury Emily Rose Corsages from these, and I've been busy working on these little beauties as well in preparation for a Craft Fair at Christ Church, Croft, Warrington on the weekend of th 25th-26th September...if you're nearby come along!

New Emily Rose Corsages and Camel Cowl

Some new Emily Rose Corsages in 4 ply Alpaca and a Hand Spun and knitted Camel/Merino blend Cowl, and below: incomplete Corsages in Sublime Kid Mohair Yarn in on trend colours for A/W 2010.

Emily Rose Corsages Coming Soon

Here's hoping you like them and like I say, if you get a chance, pop along to the craft fair 25th-26th September 2010 at Christ Church Church Hall, Croft, Warrington. x

No comments: