Pages

Saturday, 4 September 2010

There's no place like home, but...

Devon Is Heaven!


I have just had THE BEST week of my life so far. After the let down of not going to the farm at the end of July I made it there last Saturday. I went on the train first thing and arrived Saturday lunchtime to a very warm welcome and fruit picking. The first job was picking Raspberries and Strawberries for turning into jam later in the week. Kate and Robert (the owners of the farm) were so welcoming, they made me feel so at home, including me in discussions, decisions and really throwing me head first into farm life.


I looked after ducks, cows, sheep, geese, pigs and chickens. Rode and drove a quad bike and a tractor and fell off a quad bike, grazed my arm, got scratched by a duck, and got a blister but I can well and truly say it was the best week I have ever had. I didn't even miss home either- which for me is a big thing! 


Thursday came and it was like being thrown out of heaven back into the real world. For 5 days I got to be myself, and work hard but I truly relaxed at the same time. It made me completely re-evaluate myself and my hopes and dreams for the future. 


I'm guessing you might want some pictures of this heavenly place? Well...




P1030842

One of the Red Ruby Devon cows and her calf...


P1030846

Molly the Mad but Beautiful farm dog...

P1030849

The little Ducklings...

P1030854

The fantastic views...

P1030908

P1030929

And the stunning lounge...

So now I'm back at home and the daily grind. It sadly feels like I've never been away, that first night I was back home in Warrington I really missed it, I felt almost home-sick for what really had become a second home. So I hope to go again at Christmas, but for now I encourage you to go, they have bed and breakfast...but don't stay too long, leave some room for me!

x

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Tiverton! As in Tiverton Parkway railway station. I pass there on my way to Plymouth :) Looks like you had an amazing time! xxx

Charlotte Nash said...

One in the same and it is the most beautiful place on earth! x