The Amey Mobius Cowl.
Not only did I knit it but I spun the wool too! It's made from super soft merino in this muted grey/pale blue and I am very proud.
If you would like to make the Amey cowl like this, you will need:
- Approx 172m of a bulky/chunky yarn
- 1 pair of 7mm knitting needles
- General items for casting off and construction
Gauge: 3 st, 5 rows to 1 inch in moss/seed stitch (k1, p1), although this is not too important.
Key: k=knit, p=purl, st=stitch/stitches
- Cast on 37 stitches
- For Every row work moss stitch (k1,p1) beginning by slipping the first stitch, moving the yarn to the front (between the needles) and then purling the next stitch.
- Work until you have about 3 metres of yarn left.
- Next row cast off, weave in ends.
- Lay the length in front of you with the long sides top and bottom. At this point you can either simply stitch the two ends together to make a tube or complete the following...
- Take the top left corner to the bottom right corner and then the bottom left to top right.
- Stitch/crochet the seam. Personally I prefer to crochet the seam as I think it gives a neater finish but this is personal preference.
I hope you enjoy my pattern, any problems please just get in contact!
Happy knitting, x