Pages

Sunday, 22 August 2010

The Amey Cowl- T52MMMC Week 6

So here it is, possibly a little later than it should have been, but I think the wait was worth it...

P1030724

The Amey Mobius Cowl.

Not only did I knit it but I spun the wool too! It's made from super soft merino in this muted grey/pale blue and I am very proud.

If you would like to make the Amey cowl like this, you will need:
  • Approx 172m of a bulky/chunky yarn
  • 1 pair of 7mm knitting needles
  • General items for casting off and construction
Gauge: 3 st, 5 rows to 1 inch in moss/seed stitch (k1, p1), although this is not too important.

Key: k=knit, p=purl, st=stitch/stitches

To Begin:
  • Cast on 37 stitches
  • For Every row work moss stitch (k1,p1) beginning by slipping the first stitch, moving the yarn to the front (between the needles) and then purling the next stitch.
  • Work until you have about 3 metres of yarn left.
  • Next row cast off, weave in ends.
To construct:
  • Lay the length in front of you with the long sides top and bottom. At this point you can either simply stitch the two ends together to make a tube or complete the following...
  • Take the top left corner to the bottom right corner and then the bottom left to top right.
  • Stitch/crochet the seam. Personally I prefer to crochet the seam as I think it gives a neater finish but this is personal preference.
I hope you enjoy my pattern, any problems please just get in contact!

Happy knitting, x

4 comments:

The Clip Cafe said...

Lovely!! And to think you spun the wool too? I love that :-) Also LOVE your banner, it's great. Knitting is on my list of things to learn I wish I had paid more attention to my grandma!

Sam said...

oh, it's so lovely! grey is my favorite color too :)

Felted House said...

I love moss stitch and this looks fantastic - and although I have so little time for knitting this one is really tempting me, perhaps over my Christmas holiday! Thanks for sharing the pattern - I have a mathematical friend and seem to remember her telling me about a mobius strip -in fact I think she knitted a small one as an ornament years and years ago - it just has one side is that right?! xx

Charlotte Nash said...

The mobius strip...I knit it and still don't really understand it, my dad told me how to stitch it together and I thought it looked nice so, there you have it! It is something like that though! Thanks for the love everyone. Happy Knitting xx