Pages

Friday, 23 July 2010

A Very Busy Bee and Week 3 Make for T52MMMC

I know you're thinking I've missed week 2 of the 52MMMC but I promise it's coming soon, it was finished in week 2 but I'm so excited to show you everything from this week I have to spill that first so, I really have been a busy little bee this week (so far)...

Monday- I blogged and in the evening, to cheer myself up (from not going to the farm), I went to pick up something from IKEA (I know...it's like a major sin: a crafter, loving all things handmade and unique buying from a mass produced furniture shopping market! But let's face it it like Marks and Spencer Undies, we all have them!) So, when I went a few weeks ago to grab a bookshelf for my new room at my student house I saw this and never gave it a second thought, until...Monday. It struck me that instead of having all my hand spun yarns (which I have so lovingly created) stuffed away in a draw where they cannot possibly be appreciated, I could- using this beautiful little IKEA wonder- produce a piece of colourful door art! So here it is in the making...

P1020797

P1020798

Photographed here on my bathroom door at Mummy and Daddy's (where I am Summer resident) to get some decent light, is the hanging storage solution and bright door hanging in the making. All these yarns are available to buy in my Etsy shop but in the meantime (while they fail to sell) I can enjoy them in all their glory! Thank you IKEA!

So, Tuesday...I added two yarns to my door hanger (on the image abouve as I am lazy and took the pick today!), which are yet to be put on my Etsy shop, the Wensleydale curls trimming yarn (perfect for knitting/crocheting into a collar and personalising/revitalising an old jumper) and the lilac and lime yarn.

P1020767

Wensleydale, so lush and curly...

P1020756

In two of my favourite colours!

And on top of all this spinning, mid afternoon, I decided to make some little Lavender bags to hang in my wardrobe in Huddersfield (student house) which I have inherited from a boy who had my room last year and it is relatively new pine, so as you can imagine- it has a rather strange odour. But hopefully these pretty little hearts should do just the trick! (and I'm claiming them as my week 3 make in the 52MMMC!)

P1020810

P1020809

And I was feeling so generous, I made my mummy one too!

P1020814

While I was sewing I also popped out a crochet hook case (for my Etsy shop...coming soon!)

P1020744

Wednesday we took a trip over to Huddesfield (me and my mummy) to check on the house- and I forgot to take my Lavender Hearts which I made especially! Doh! Then in the evening I carded and spun the bases for two yarns, one of which is still incomplete but the other I finished on...

...Thursday. My mummy was ill so I played nurse and looked after her, and did some more spinning in the meantime (poorly people sleep alot)! I finished the 'Under the Sea' yarn which I started on Wednesday...

P1020782

Hopefully it will make it into my shop soon, there's enough for a cute little hat for a baby boy, or girl and as it's merino it's super soft too! I just love the colours though... My other yarn is going to be entitled 'The Princess and the Pea' and is a mixed fibre yarn with BFL (Blue Faced Leicester), Merino, Banana Fibre, Bamboo Tops and Angelina Fibre in pale pinks and white and onto it I'm going to add little green felt balls to look like peas threaded on a shiny sewing thread in either pink or silver, I can't decide. This has set me off on what I think will be a range of Fairytale yarns for little people projects, I love kids knits they can be so much more exciting than grown ups!

And finally, today- really I have been rather lazy having a day of nosying at other peoples blogs and making my Grandad some fairy cakes for his Birthday tomorrow, decorated on a cycling theme (as that's his hobby). Photos of them will be along next week but for now, that's it! Phew!

Rather a lot to take in I know but at least no one can say I'm just another lazy student!

Happy Crafting, and please comment! x

4 comments:

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Your yarn is amazing!
Ali xx

Charlotte Nash said...

Thank you Ali, I do believe that the colours are never quite done justice in the photos though! xx

xxloublouxx said...

Haha I was in ikea the other day and saw this, was going to pick myself one up! this is a great idea!
x

Charlotte Nash said...

Great minds think alike! xx