Pages

Friday, 30 July 2010

That list of jobs...and my 52MMMC Week 4

As anyone who is crafty (and I mean that in the context of producing craft items) will know, there is always That List. That list of items that you have been meaning to make for what seems like eternity. For me these are the bigger projects like knitting myself a scarf, mittens and hat set from my own hand spun yarn (unstarted) and making a patchwork laptop case (patchwork complete). Projects which may have been started or the relevant items needed to make them bought but never actually getting round to making the final product.

Well, I feel a sense of achievement, and rather a large one at that. I have COMPLETED one of my items on That List! A knitting bag. Doesn't really sound like such a big deal really does it? I had had it in my mind since I went to a vintage knitting fair in Liverpool back in March and ever since then I have been collecting the items that I envisaged would make it just the way I wanted it. It all started with the handles, those gorgeous turquoise, wooden, beaded handles and the Wallace Sewell woven ribbons I bought from the Ray-Stitch stand. Right then I saw it- in my mind, a heavy bag made from furnishing fabric with those handles and a corsage made from those ribbons. I spent months looking for the fabric and found it at Abakhan Fabrics in June. Since then I have kept moving the bag that contained all the different elements from one place to another in my cluttered bedroom, until last night.

Last night I did it, from start to finish in a matter of a couple of hours. A fully lined knitting bag, the pictures...

P1020919

A nightmare to take as it is the largest thing I have had to photograph...

P1020924

The handles...

P1020922

My handmade by label...

P1020929

And the woven Wallace Sewell ribbon corsage!

A triumph, I really couldn't be happier. I was so pleased I insisted on parading round with it in front of my parents once it was finished last night! So there it is, maybe a let down after the build up but I am happy, very happy indeed!

I hope you like it, x

PS. I am also claiming this as my 52MMMC Week 4 make! (I think that's where we're upto?!)

6 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I am just in love with your make.
I am making week 4 at the moment, so yes, you're on track.

Charlotte Nash said...

Thank you and super, I'm so desperate not to get behind! x

Jessica Abigail.. said...

Where did you get your little labels from, they're soo cute :)

Charlotte Nash said...

I just searched name labels on google...I think I got them from Cash's? xx

thursday said...

This is stunning! I love this bag. Wonderful work:)

Charlotte Nash said...

Thank you Thursday! Sorry I only just replied to your comment, got it while I was away! xx