Pages

Thursday, 29 July 2010

The Princess and the Pea...

Here are the pictures I promised...

P1020880

"Now they knew she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds..." Hans Christian Andersen, 1835

P1020877

"Nobody but a real princess could be as sensitive as that..." Hans Christian Andersen, 1835

P1020878

I think I may be in love! As I was plying this yarn, genuinely I wasn't sure but now it's done and I can see the full effect- I love it.

Other news...I knitted a really cute little baby hat the other day to match the Boutique Booties I have in my shop. I used a free pattern from Ravelry but instead of knitting it in two colours I used the same handspun yarn as I did for the booties and knit the whole thing in the same colour, probably coming soon to my shop (although I do have someone in mind to give it as a gift), here it is...

P1020908

It has a twisted decrease on the top which makes a nice pattern and the i-cord for the little knot on top is just so cute!

And finally, I went material shopping yesterday and got 3 really nice prints at bargain prices per metre!

P1020918

Pretty blue and white 'farmhouse' print.

P1020915

Purple and white paisley style print.

P1020912

And a little Laura Ashley gem.

I have a few projects in mind for these, namely some little lavender bags and knitting needle rolls, but as always I think I need a few more little scraps of ribbon and things getting together first.

Any other ideas? I have a generous meter of each, so... x

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That looks gorgeous! I love the pink... and the little peas are so adorable.

The baby hat is adorable too. I want the booties haha! xo

::cupcakesandbiscuits:: said...

Again, another amazing yarn! The idea of using 'The Princess and the Pea' is genius!!
xx

walkcollection said...

Gorgeous yarn, love to see more of your spinning!