Pages

Monday, 14 June 2010

So Many Patterns, So Little Time...

So...after the success of my first flannel (Flannel #1), I decided to attempt another one! I also made a case for my boyfriend's iphone which I thought I'd share with you too- so 2 patterns today!

First up-Flannel #2.

This flannel is slightly bigger than the first and also completely square (21 x 21cm) which I am rather proud of. It is simply a double crochet stitch using some yarn which I bought (after the success of the 50% cotton yarn and the first Flannel) which was soya cotton (Sublime- 50% soya sourced viscose and 50% cotton). This yarn felt much nicer than the first even though there wasn't much difference- and I love the colour too!


DSC_0207

So, for this flannel, you will need:

  • 50g ball of a cotton based yarn (you will not need all of this).
  • 1 pair of 4mm knitting needles.
  • General items for tying off and weaving in ends.

The gauge is not crucial for the pattern so don't worry!

Key: dc=double crochet

To Begin:

  1. Create a 35 chain base chain.
  2. Rows 1-41 dc into each chain in the base chain.
  3. Tie off.
  4. Weave in ends.

I am a novice at crochet but even I found this easy. I much prefer this flannel to the first, but I welcome your feedback (good or bad). If you give it a go maybe send me a picture and let me know your thoughts?

Next- Iphone case.

I made this for my boyfriend as he gets really worried about his Iphone getting scratched, however now I have completed it I rather fancy it for myself (it fits my smart phone and also my friends other mobiles- so it's pretty universal). When knitting, it looks a little small but the stretch helps to keep the cover tight and protect the phone.


DSC_0198

So, for this pattern, you will need:

  • 50g ball of a double knit yarn (you will not need all of this).
  • 1 pair of 4mm knitting needles.
  • General items for casting off and weaving in ends.

The gauge is not crucial for this pattern either so don't worry!

Key: k=knit, p=purl

To Begin:

  1. Cast on 36st.
  2. Rows 1-6 Moss Stitch: Row 1 Moss Stitch (*k1, p1, rep from * to end). Row 2 Moss Stitch (p1, *k1, p1, rep from * to end). Repeat these rows twice more (makes 6 rows in total).
  3. Rows 7-12 1 x 1 Rib (*k1, p1, rep from * to end).
  4. Repeat these 12 rows twice (36 rows in total).
  5. Finish by repeating rows 1-6 (42 rows in total).
  6. Cast off in Moss Stitch.
  7. Weave in ends, sew up side seam and bottom.

I hope you enjoy these patterns- If you give them a go maybe send me a picture and let me know your thoughts? I welcome any feedback (good or bad).

x

6 comments:

Biz said...

Both patterns look fun. I think I'm going to give the I-Phone case a go. I have friends that are always 'polishing' their screens. lol

knitsimple (ravelry) said...

Here's a link to my smart phone case:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/knitsimple/smart-phone-case.
I added an i-cord strap.

HappyHobbit said...

Thanks for the cute mobile phone cover pattern. I made one last weekend. If you'd like to see the photo of it please look at my blog post. I referenced your pattern on my blog too.
http://aushappyhobbit.blogspot.com/2011/06/knitted-mobile-phone-cover.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this pattern. I have been in bed sick for a couple of days and knitting has stopped me going potty lol.

Letty xxx

Laurie said...

I cannot wait to make a case for my phone. I just got an iphone today and my case isn't in yet...so I need to protect it! Love the stitches you choose! Also, I JUST started a knitting blog. Hope some of my knits can be a help to you as well. :)

Emma said...

I had a go; however, I was also using patterened wool, so it didn't quite look as neat as yours.
I then had a go (with slightly fewer stitches/rows) to do it in 2*2 rib - which I did on 4 needles :) That seemed to work better with the variegated wool.
Photo on flickr