Pages

Sunday, 13 June 2010

Flannel #1

I recently recieved a bag of yarn and needles from a kind neighbour and found a ball of SIRDAR Calico yarn (60% cotton 40% acrylic) in the bottom of it. With it I decided to make a Flannel as I have seen quite a few patterns recently for them and thought they looked quick and easy- and they are!
I simply sat down and cast on! The result was a square flannel 21 x 19cm, of garter stitch with a moss stitch border. Even though it was only simple I was so pleased with the result that I thought I'd share my pattern with you...but first here's a picture...

DSC_0186

So, for this flannel, you will need:
  • 50g ball of a cotton based yarn (you will not need all of this)
  • 1 pair of 4mm knitting needles
  • General items for casting off and weaving in ends
The gauge is not crucial for the pattern so don't worry!
Key: k=knit, p=purl

To Begin:
  1. Cast on 41 stitches.
  2. Rows 1-5 Moss Stitch (*k1, p1, rep from *, to end).
  3. Rows 6-62 Moss Stitch Border with Garter Stitch centre panel. Every row (k1, p1, k1, p1, k to last 5 stitches, k1, p1, k1, p1, k1).
  4. Rows 63-67 as Rows 1-5.
  5. Cast off in Moss Stitch.
  6. Weave in all ends and steam.
I hope you enjoy the pattern, I completed it in about an hour and a half with considerable distraction (and I'm not the fastest knitter in the world!) If you give it a go maybe send me a picture and I welcome any feedback you have to give.

More to come soon,

x

No comments: